Customers have just scored another huge victory – amidst Web Summit 2015, Google for Work President Amit Singh announced that Smartsheet was named one of the first solutions for the new “Recommended for Google Apps for Work” program. The program is designed to help Google Apps for Work customers get the most out of the cloud-based suite by suggesting trusted apps to complement it.
Google Apps users benefit from the recommended apps program by skipping the guesswork in finding a tool they can trust and rely on. Customers trust Google Apps for Work to provide an enhanced productivity environment, and now they can also trust their knowledge of vetted and proven products like Smartsheet. To be included in the initiative, Smartsheet has undergone rigorous reviews for integration quality and an extensive assessment of security policies, including application penetration testing. In a nutshell, that means a more seamless work experience with extensive built-in security.
Smartsheet is Google’s selection for the Project Management category, along with 7 other applications selected in other categories. The initial set of applications being added to the Recommended for Google Apps for Work program includes:
- Smartsheet for Project Management
- ProsperWorks for CRM
- Ringcentral & Switch for cloud-based communications telephony
- Ping Identity & Okta for identity and access management
Smartsheet has had a strong and harmonious relationship with Google Apps for Work since we began work together in 2010 with the launch of the Google Apps Marketplace. Just last year, we were honored to be among the first ISVs named as a Google Apps Premier Technology Partner; it strengthened our platform and added an extra level of empowerment to our customers’ collaborative work. And today, our relationship with Google became even mightier.
What this means for you
Google integrations with Smartsheet complement each other at every turn across the Google Apps for Work product suite. The benefits of using Smartsheet with Google Apps are huge, especially in regards to daily productivity:
- Easy administration and use. Administrators can add Smartsheet for all users directly from their administration consoles.
- Single sign-on. Sign in to Smartsheet with Google credentials to provide seamless account access.
- Secure storage. House documents in Google Drive directly from the context of work in Smartsheet.
- Shared dates. Synchronize Smartsheet with Google Calendar to stay up-to-date on the latest meetings and appointments.
- Instant meetings. Start a Google Hangout from within Smartsheet with everyone currently collaborating on the same work.
- Gmail integration. Update work in Smartsheet directly from inside Gmail.
- Form data collection. Collect responses to Google Forms in Smartsheet to organize them and take additional actions.
- Merge document data. Use lists of data in Smartsheet to generate multiple customized Google Docs.
- Mobile access. Access work in Smartsheet from anywhere with the Smartsheet Android app.
We feel confident that our strengthened partnership with Google Apps for Work will empower your business and employees to be their best. With increased movement away from traditional work applications to a cloud productivity suite, you’ll see boosts in performance across your projects, IT and HR departments, sales and budget tracking, and so much more.
We’re so excited about this new opportunity to provide our customers with improved work solutions.
Contact us to arrange a Smartsheet demo, Free consultation or Free Trial and see how we integrate with Google Apps for Work for an enhanced and effective workflow between two partners you can trust. We’d love to hear from you!